Saturday, July 18, 2009

I love meeting an Etsy seller!


Today I got to do something extraordinary: I got to attend a craft show! None of us vendors are ever afforded this luxury, we are always working the craft shows we would attend. Or we are too busy making stuff for the next show to have time to leisurely stroll the aisles of handmade goodies. Or even have any money to buy the truckloads of carefully crafted pretties we covet.

But today my sweet husband loaded me into the car and took me straight to ArtBeat in Davis Square, Somerville, MA. The clouds had dissipated and left us with a perfect hot, muggy summer's day, I was thrilled!


I had seen on Twitter that a long-time Flickr friend and fellow Etsy seller, heatherjeany, would be there so we scanned all the booths until we found her! I was trying to take her picture all stealth-like when she made me and a big smile broke over her face :)


I got a sweet hug and we got to chat for just a minute. I didn't want to block her booth, though Dell was shopping the whole while and we picked up some sweet swag.


I had seen the bookmarks recently on her Flickr page so I knew I needed some of those, and a few cards for sure.

Dell and I got street vendor food (I cannot resist meat on a stick and he likewise cannot pass by a fresh grilled hot dog) and then we wandered a little more watching the eclectic crowd.

Now it is cocktail hour, my very first mojitos are prepared and the red beans and rice is heating on the stove...happy summer!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good. Oh wait! It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and heatherjeany look so happy!

    I am so glad you got to go to a show as a spectator and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a lovely summer Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! Wish I had gone to Artbeat too, but sadly I completely forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just found your blog by way of Etsy. I'm a fellow felter, although I really haven't done much lately! You inspired me and now I've got the felting bug again! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those red beans & rice. Yum! I'm thinking of you this weekend at the big show and hope it's a success.

    ReplyDelete