Monday, June 2, 2008

What's Up?

Hey, thought I'd update you on the latest from Lowell and nearby environs. First, I entered this polymer clay shell pendant necklace in the the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy or PCAGOE June challenge whose theme is "Summer Vacation".


And I delivered my check and photographs to be included in the promotional literature associated with Lowell Open Studios which is the last weekend in September, it's an exciting event for all Lowell artists!

I have been developing a few new products as well. They are not yet for sale in my Etsy shop, but moving in that direction. Here is a nest ponytail holder (thanks to Eve for modeling):



There is also a nest bobby pin in the works (someone is product testing one for me now). And I have had a specific request for nest rings, so I may have to try that as well.


Yesterday I lined up with a bunch of artisans and we lugged our stuff out to the middle of a field for the first ever stART on the Street: stART in the Park event at Beaver Brook Park in Worcester, MA. I shared a tent with the talented and generous Candace of The Intuitive Garden.

It was a beautiful day with no rain, but the wind was brutal.


If you've done craft shows you know how nerve-wracking wind is. The giant gusts blew in and we all scrambled to keep our carefully constructed displays from disintegrating. It was a constant struggle all day and people did suffer breakage :( If you are not a crafter or have never set up outdoors on a windy day, let me tell you, we were all frazzled! Our nerves were shot, but we smiled through it:

(Thanks to Candace who snapped this shot of me!)

Here's our row:


Our tent:


My side:



My view:


The crowd was large and friendly and in good spirits, but unfortunately not too many were in a shopping mood, lots of cute kids though:


I did see friends and meet some new folks and really enjoyed the interactions with fellow crafters. We were lucky to be able to set up next to Peter, glass artist extraordinaire of LaSal Mountains Studio:


Peter and Eve have a studio at Western Avenue Studios in Lowell where I also have a studio.

I was also happy to see the husband and wife team of Such and Such Productions slash Two Guitars and Amy Olson Jewelry



They are the nicest people and they make beautiful things! You may remember how I framed a postcard from Such and Such Productions for D for his birthday.

I couldn't help myself and bought some stunning crocheted earrings from adorable Etsy seller Tangerined:


Another Etsy seller who set up yesterday was Black Sheep Designs. Candace and I were very pleased when she came over and introduced herself, we are both very familiar with browsing her other Etsy shop which sells supplies,
Black Sheep Beads:



And there to help us all get where we needed to go was stART on the street coordinator Sarah of Three Cat Nite, thanks for all your efforts and helpful volunteers!

Now I need to set my studio display back up for Open Studios which happens this Saturday, which coincides with the opening of Dirty Smelly Noisy. Whee!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great blog post with all the photographs, so we get a good idea of how things went in Worcester At stART in the Park, and about future items in the works.

    I love the shell necklace, it says summer!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shell polymer necklace!

    Too bad the show was so windy. Hopefully it wasn't too tough for you guys. The booth looked great in the photos. :)

    Enjoy the warm spring weather.

    ReplyDelete