Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Signed up to take credit cards

So a quick post to say I signed up with ProPay to accept credit cards in my studio and at craft shows! I found this Etsy thread really informative and helpful. I ordered a "knuckle buster" credit card imprinter from Mr. Imprinter on ebay but it looks like they have their own site too...

From reading lots of Etsy forum posts I understand that not only are you more likely to make sales because people don't always have enough cash or a forget to bring a check, but that people who were going to buy from you anyway buy more when they can put it on plastic.

I'll let you know how it goes or if I have any tips on what to do, what not to do. I want to post more about the process of starting a business so others can benefit from what I go through.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the items in your etsy mini are so cute! I love the blue and red flower...must go check out your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Your embroidery is super sweet, off to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! You did the research and are letting others in on it.

    I am so impressed by the way you are setting this all up.

    And I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete