Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There's a lot going on

I got my knucklebuster yesterday!

Caught the UPS guy as he was leaving the lobby, D and I had been out for a walk. We are trying to fit in as many evening walks as we can before it gets dark too early. Anyway, got the machine and the plate, I'm ready to accept plastic in person! Line forms to the right, let's keep it orderly people.

This month's PCAGOE challenge was to create something inspired by a favorite book. My favorite published book is Quite A Year For Plums by Bailey White. One of the quirky characters is a wildlife artist who becomes obsessed with drawing and painting a picture of the lowly Dominique chicken. She dreams of its tighly patterned feathers and obsessively sketches its feet on napkins in the local diner. I made beads inspired by the patterns and colors of the Dominique and strung them into a necklace and earrings set.


Voting begins on September 26, but be fair, I'm not asking for votes, go see which one you like best! There are some great entries this month.

Here's a shot of the beads before they got baked:


Also, I finally got good enough photos to list mom's Tree card, which I am crazy about. I couldn't decide if I liked it better on papaya cardstock or leafy green, so I am offering a set of four, two of each background. This tree is in a field in North Tisbury on the island of Martha's Vineyard.


I have started to offer handmade beads in my Etsy shop, the first set is a group of swirl beads in black gray and white. Here is a quick shot of how I form the bead shapes with my fingers on a long pin.

I hope to add more and more bead listings soon!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! So funny! So very dear!

    The photos of "Tree" are excellent. I am delighted with the two backgrund colors. both beautiful.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on that necklace! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete