Lots of little extremely nice things going on!
1) Yesterday I spent the day at Candace's house, she has the supremely cute shop The Intuitive Garden on Etsy. Along with being great fun to talk to, she is an inspiring artisan with a million interesting ideas for new wearable art, plus she's an ace photographer and 2-D artist. I really enjoyed meeting her clever kitties and seeing her colorful home. And when I left I had a box of crafting goodies she had collected just for me. It seems she is constantly thinking of things I can use and making sure they get to me. How amazing is that? She thinks it's no big deal, what are friends for? But the rest of us can see how rare and special a friend she is. Thanks TIG, you rock :)
2) I have been mentioned in two blogs recently. First, Marianne has written that I am someone that Makes Her Day! Now that makes MY day and so the happiness is paid forward. Thanks Marianne! Your photos are amazing and your enthusiastic spirit is contagious.
The second blog was a nice little surprise waiting in my Etsy inbox this morning. Whitney of piccalillitoo.etsy.com has picked one of my new felty hearts as Something she is eyeing this week... How cool is that? Thanks so much!
3) I was accepted into the Winterfest show in Lowell! And so was Amanda of Brick Mill Studio. We will be showing in the Glacier Gallery at the Masonic Temple, in the same room as the Soup Competition, so this should be interesting :) We will be there 7-9 PM on Friday February 8th, and on Saturday, February 9th from 1-4. This building is next to Cobblestones Restaurant.
4) I made some spider bodies and heads for Liz of Lush Beads. Yep, that's what I said. I made them out of polymer clay and she created the creatures by adding beads and wire in a very clever way. She wanted special Valentine's spiders so she requested heart shaped bodies. They came out so cute! She sells them in her Bricks and Mortar store and in her Etsy Shop.
5) I have really enjoyed making bunches of cute little felty heart pins and I am pleased at the wonderful response they are getting. I shall be making many more!